Nature
Reflection:
Emerson shows how the innocence of a child allows them to appreciate the beauty of nature and use it to their advantage. For example when it rains children see this as an opportunity to have fun playing in the mud but an adult only sees it as a burden to have to plan their day around the bad weather. He believes that only young hearts can truly see the innocence of nature while the adults are too evolved with their busy lives to take the time to appreciate nature. I find that it is true, that when you are a child you do find nature more appealing and you appreciate it a lot more for it provides you with your pass times; but when you become an adult you do not find nature as appealing and you do not take the time to appreciate the stars for example. When you are a child you are not worried about what is going on around you, you are just interested in admiring the stars and trying to find that one shooting star that might make you wish come true.
Diary:
I just read the essay of a transcendentalist, who just moved to town, and I was very moved by his word choice to describe how he felt about nature. No one these days seems to be thinking like him and I find it refreshing to read something so new and out there. I do know what he means about appreciating nature when you are a child, for when I was a child I used to sneak way from the farm any chance I got and go sit in the forest and I just pretend like I was apart of it, just another tree among many. Although now I find myself to busy taking care of my own children and homestead to be worrying about what is going on around me. I do wish though, that I was a child again so I might be able to see the innocence of the beautiful nature around me and appreciate it more than I do now. However, I am going to make more of an effort to slow down and just admire the beauty of what is around me. Thank you Emerson for making me realize what I have been missing for so long.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment