“To My Dear Loving Husband”


Reflection:
This poem shows the love of a wife for her husband. It starts out with the wife sharing her deepest feeling for her husband, she compares her love to every other woman and says that no wife could lover her husband more. Although she shares with us her deepest feelings, toward the middle of the poem she back tracks, realizing that she might be reveling too much and does not
express her deepest feelings.
“By Night When other Soundly Slept”


Reflection:
This poem shows the faith in a woman seeking God in the darkness of the night while all others are asleep. She searches for him and when she finds him, he dries her tears and takes away her doubt and fear. After he is there for her, she wonders what she can do for him in return and realizes all she has to do is believe in him and do his will.
"Verses Upon the Burning of Our House"


Reflection:
This poem shows the despare of a woman who looses her house to a fire. Although she looses everything she held dear, she never once looses her faith in God and knows that he will always be there for her.
2 comments:
I really like the poems that you chose. I also like your second picture ALOT it is very nice. After reading your reflections I realized you took a different approach to the poems than I did. It was interesting to see how you saw them. In "To My Dear and Loving Husband" and also "Upon the Buring of our House" I think you should try and find the connection she is trying to make to God. But other then that it was very good. =]]
Steph, I like the poems and pictures that you choose for this selection. In your reflection of "To my Dear and Loving Husband," I think you should try to reflect on how her tone changed because of her Puritan reverance for God. Your other reflections were good but you should try going more in depth on how their religion dictates the tone of the poem.
Post a Comment